The following changes have been incorporated in version(1.2b):-
- The pdf/postscript/rtf outputs have been modified to include a toc page after the cover page. This toc page has the list of sections/sub-sections along with their page numbers and are hyper-linked to the respective sections.
- The multi-page generation process has been modified to generate multiple pages using the xalan redirect extension. Due to this the xml document is not broken into sub documents using jdom. This has improved the conversion speed for multi-page html and also removed the dependency of AurigaDoc on JDOM.
- Java API have been provided to be able to use AurigaDoc from a java class.
- A command line interface has been written which uses AurigaDoc Java API for conversion to various output formats. The shell scripts(for unix and windows) have been modified to call the command line interface.
- Options have been provided in the command line and java api to specify a custom xsl while converting to any output format.
- Separate shell script for windows 9x(aurigadoc_win9x.bat) and windows 2000(aurigadoc_win2k.bat) have been replaced with a single batch script aurigadoc.bat which is intended to run both on windows 9x and windows 2000.
- The build scripts to build AurigaDoc from source has been removed and replaced with an Ant build file(build.xml). In Order to build this version from source Apache Ant(http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/) will be required.
- A new option has been added to convert AurigaDoc document to fo.
- A new option has been added to convert AurigaDoc document to Postscript.
- A new option has been added to convert AurigaDoc document to Java Help. A Java Help Viewer has also been provided to view the Java Help output.
- A new option has been provided to convert AurigaDoc document to HTML Help format.
On unix only the HTML Help Project(.hhp) file and HTML Help Content(.hhc) file are created.
On windows systems if HTML Help Workshop is installed and the chm compiler path is set in aurigadoc.properties file, the compiled(.chm) file is also generated.
- A new option has been added to convert AurigaDoc document to man source file for generating unix man pages. This output format does not support tables, fonts, links and other advanced elements which cannot be rendered in a unix man page.