AurigaDoc is a java-xml-xsl based documentation tool for writing xml
documents and converting them to other formats like HTML(single and multi-page), DHTML(frame based html with a toc tree), RTF(Microsoft Word 97 and above), PDF, Postscript, Java Help and HTML Help.
The idea is to keep a single document source(as xml) and convert it to various formats formats using XSLT.
While converting the xml to html you have the option of either creating a
single html file for the entire document or multiple html files where each
file contains a single section in the document with links to other
Since xml is becoming a standard documents written in xml are portable to
AurigaDoc is built using open source software like
- Xerces - A java based XML(Extensible Markup Language) parser from
- Xalan - A java based XSLT(Extensible Stylesheet Transformation) engine
- FOP - A java based Formatting Object Implementation from Apache.
- Batik - A java based package for handling SVG(Scalable Vector Graphic)
- JFOR - A java package for writing rtf from xsl-fo.
- Java Help 2.0 - For generating output in Java Help 2.0 format.
- Java Mail API - For generating MIME multipart/related message.
- Steady State Software's CSS2 Parser: For parsing css stylesheets and applying them to pdf/postscript output.
- XOM API: For resolving xi:include tags.